Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sautéed Mushroom and Roasted Pepper over Toast

Well I had planned to reheat the oatmeal I made for breakfast yesterday for this morning's breakfast, but John ate it. I had to scrounge around the fridge and I came up with this concoction. It was yum!


Handful of sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced jarred roasted red pepper
1 Tbsp of Hummus (I used a southwestern flavored hummus I purchased at the store)
1 toasted sliced of whole wheat bread
1 Tbsp olive oil


  • Heat olive oil over medium heat in small pan
  • Add mushrooms and peppers and heat until mushrooms release their juices, about 5 minutes
  • Remove from heat and let sit
  • Toast the wheat bread
  • spread hummus on the toast, and spill mushrooms and peppers over the top.

1 comment:

Liz Reilly said...

mom - click on the "no comments" phrase and then a box will pop up for you to type in. Then hit the "publish" button that willhow up below your dialogue box