Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Banana-Oat Smoothie for Breakfast!

Answering a couple of questions I've received. Yes, I do love drinking my breakfasts! No, I am not on a diet, I'm just making healthier choices. In fact, since committing to eating 3 healthy meals per day a few days ago, I feel much more satisfied throughout the day and don't do any food picking at all during the day in between meals like I used to. After dinner is another story. I still have small cravings for sweets and carbs at night. I'll eat what I want when I get that craving because I figure that I've eaten all the veggies and fruits I need throughout the day and I should be able to eat what my body craves after filling it with the good stuff first!  So last night I had satisfied my chocolate craving and had a few chocolate cookies. 

Now, onto the Banana-Oat Smoothie! I've loved this smoothie for a couple of years now. I have swapped out the milk and yogurt it originally called for, with, of course, my almond milk that I discussed yesterday. This is a sweet, very satisfying breakfast. You need a decent blender to get the oats to be incorporated. I'm thinking of getting a Vitamix - does anyone have one? Do you like it??

1 ripe banana
1/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup ice
1 cup unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
1 tsp agave nectar or honey

  • put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You'll still see little bits of oat, but I like that - it gives a little texture to the smoothie. Enjoy!

No comments: