Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sweet Potato and Cumin Hummus

Wow! I made this recipe today for a snack, and I couldn't stop eating it! I'm in love with this Hummus. It's a recipe that I found on the Martha Stewart website - you won't be disappointed.

The original recipe calls for steaming the sweet potato, but I prefer baking it in the oven as baking it will bring out more flavor.

1 medium sweet potato baked at 400 degrees for 45 minutes  - cool and chop into chunks
1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 lemon should do it)
1/4 cup Tahini
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 garlic clove chopped
dash of coarse salt and dash of pepper

whole wheat pita bread triangles

Blend all ingredients except pita in food processor and puree for 1 minute.
add a little water if hummus is too think

Serve with Pita bread triangles.


Will keep in the fridge for up to a week

No comments: