Saturday, January 24, 2015

4 week Whole Food Challenge Starts Monday!



The goal for this challenge is to get rid of the foods that way me down. I will be following these rules Monday through Friday for each of the next 4 weeks. No Dairy, No wheat, No sugar, No red meat, no alcohol. I'm free to eat and drink as I wish on Saturdays and Sundays.

Each of the weeks begins with Monday as being a Cleanse Day. On Monday, my only food will the juice that I will make in our juicer that morning. I'll be making enough juice to last all day long.

For Tuesday through Friday my

menu each day looks like this:

6-9am: Breakfast (Smoothie or Juice)
9-11am: snack 
Noon Lunch: Salad or soup
3-4: snack (smoothie or veggies)
5-6pm: Dinner (Salad, grain bowl, chicken or fish)
6-7pm: Dessert a couple of times during week
pm or later: Chamomile Herbal Tea 

I will be posting the recipes and pictures of all of the meals and snacks as I am enjoying them.

For those of you who wish to follow along with me, I am including the list of ingredients you'll need for the week are down below the picture.

For Monday's Cleanse juice:

3 Cucumbers
2 bunches of celery
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
3 green apples
3 lemons
2 fennel bulbs
1 bunch Rainbow Chard

For the snacks and meals we'll be having Tuesday through Friday:

9 carrots
3 oranges
10 strawberries
1/2 inch ginger
Flaxseed crackers (or any other gluten free cracker made with whole ingredients)
Pint Medjool Dates
bunch of bananas
2 sweet potatoes
2 red bell peppers
4 red beets
3 sweet apples
2 cups Raw Almonds
3 Zuchinnis
Tahini 
5 lemons
garlic head
sea salt
Romain lettuce
cherry tomatos
Raw Pecan halves
Flaxseed oil
Butternut squash
a few large yellow onions
a few avocados
1 quart of vegetable broth (organic)
Coconut oil (cold pressed in solid form)
2 bunches spinach
Light Agave necatr
Raw walnuts
Raw Cacao powder
Quinoa
Basil leaves
pine nuts
Parsley
celery
sliced mushrooms
red onion
dried Lentils
Red cabbage
Raw oats (not instant variety)
Raw honey
Veganaise
Raw cashews
Chicken breast
wild boneless salmon steak (about 6-8 oz)
artichoke hearts
dried split peas
fennel bulb
1 golden beet
1 leek
fresh Thyme
Chamomile herbal tea bags (one for each night)


No comments: