Sunday, February 3, 2013

Guacamole Dip - the best ever!!

This is the best Guacamole I've ever tasted - honestly! Now, I don't care for cilantro, an ingredient in many guacamole dips. For me, cilantro has a soapy taste, and I don't use it in recipes. I replace cilantro with flat leaf parsley.

2 avocados, halved and pitted (if you don't know the trick to getting the pit out easily, see below)
1 plum tomato chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsps lemon juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt

pulse all ingredients in a blender for 7 to 8 pulses, and that's it! I like my guacamole very chunky. If you like it smoother, pulse a few more times.

tip to get pit out of avocado: hold the halved piece of avocado with the pit in it in the palm of your hand. Hold a sharp chef knife in the other and lightly tap the pit with the sharp edge of your knife. the knife should penetrate the pit, and you should be able to lift the pit straight up and out of the avocado quite easily.

2 comments:

denise said...

Have you tried using fresh lime juice? We do that instead of lemon now, we like it so much better.

I was told yesterday of squeezing fresh orange juice over avocado if eating it alone, supposedly really yummy, haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.

Liz Reilly said...

I'll give the lime juice a try next time Denise - sounds great!